- December 2015 Quarterly Report
- 29 January 2016
- Gravity Survey Advances Chonolith Model for Nickel Sulphide Targets at Pioneer's Fairwater Nickel Project
- 27 January 2016
- Shallow High Grade Gold Lode Intersected at Kalpini South
- 18 December 2015
Latest Technical Summary
Pioneer’s 2015 exploration imperative, to “Reveal” the potential of the Company’s three key projects, has progressed well, with significant positive progress made at each. This follows from last year’s theme, “Re-Focussed”, where the Company attributed a high exploration priority to the Acra (gold), Blair Dome (nickel) and Fairwater (nickel) Projects.
This year’s progress included:
- Blair Dome Nickel Project, Eastern Goldfields, WA (100% PIO): The proposed geological dome model, while not unique within the Goldfields, changes the understanding of the Blair Project, with important, positive exploration ramifications. The revised geological model brings coherence to geology and the observed targets;
- Acra Gold Project, Eastern Goldfields, WA (100% PIO): An exploration strategy developed for the Acra Project highlights areas within a 20km long structural corridor which evidently constrains the gold mineralisation. Drilling to date indicates that a number of prospects have potential for high grade, narrow vein, gold lode opportunities in addition to ‘open pit’ opportunities. One lode gold opportunity is the Kalpini South Prospect where recent drilling returned very high gold grades; and
- Fairwater Nickel Project, Fraser Ranges, WA (75% PIO): The identification of a prospective, nickel sulphide-containing, ultramafic intrusive unit at the Fairwater Project within the Albany Fraser Orogen was confirmed by aircore drilling . The next phase of testing, diamond core drilling, is currently in progress.