The Pioneer Dome Project is located near Norseman in Western Australia, approximately 130 km south of Kalgoorlie and 200 km north of the Port of Esperance. Access is excellent with the Goldfields Highway and Esperance railway, and water and gas pipelines passing through the Project.
The Company has now accumulated approximately 310 km² of tenements along the 20 km strike length of the eastern periphery of the Pioneer Dome. The Project was recognised as having potential for lithium mineralisation following a review of historic exploration reports which recorded numerous pegmatite intersections in nickel or gold‐focussed drilling completed since the 1960s. The prospectivity model was further enhanced by colloquial records of lepidolite, tantalite and tourmaline in prospector scale workings, which are some of the characteristic minerals of a zoned pegmatites complex.
LCT pegmatites, thought to be late time intrusions related to s-type granite intrusions, exhibit characteristic zonation of a range of economically important rare-element minerals such as lithium (in spodumene), tantalum, niobium and tin. This same type of pegmatite that hosts the Greenbushes mine, is similar to that intersected in drilling at the Company’s optioned Mavis and Raleigh Lithium Projects (Ontario, Canada); and that which Pioneer is targeting at its 100% held Phillips River, Donnelly and Pioneer Dome Lithium Projects.
- Pioneer has discovered pegmatite-hosted lithium mineralisation in rock chip samples at its 100%-held Pioneer Dome Project.
- At least 13 clusters of pegmatites, including LCT pegmatites, have been identified along a 20 km strike length.
- Approximately 7000 soil samples have been used to identify 9 priority and 15 mid-rank targets. Mapping and additional sampling required to generate drill targets.
- Inaugural 5000m RC programme intersects significant lithium and caesium mineralisation.
- The high grade Caesium zone has been named the Sinclair Zone and the initial Exporation Target for this zone is between 10,000t and 25,000t of politic at a grade of between 15% and 25% Cs₂O.
- Followup drilling is currently underway to test extensions of the zone, and a Mineral Resource Estimate is underway.
- Regulatory process underway with a view of extract a bulk sample of 1000t for metallurgical test work.
Latest Drill Results
Sinclair High-Grade Caesium Exploration Target
- PDRC015: 6m at 29.37% Cs₂O from 47m (highest grade of 32.46% Cs₂O from 50m)
- PDRCD068: 3.85m at 27.78% Cs₂O from 44.35m (highest grade of 29.53% Cs₂O from 46m)
- PDRCD071: 6.35m at 18.60% Cs₂O from 41.4m (highest grade of 30.37% Cs₂O from 42m)
- PDRC074: 7m at 17.12% Cs₂O from 49m (highest grade of 25.44% Cs₂O from 54m)
- PDRC083: 12m at 15.77% Cs₂O from 43m (highest grade of 26.84% Cs₂O from 47m)
- PDRC084: 4m at 14.53% Cs₂O from 50m (highest grade of 16.20% Cs₂O from 52m)
Predominantly Lithium Alumina-Silicates (likely to include spodumene and/or petalite)
- PDRC059: 3m at 2.85% Li₂O from 38m (highest grade of 3.18% Li₂O from 38m)
- PDRC067: 11m at 2.63% Li₂O from 44m (highest grade of 4.59% Li₂O from 46m)
- PDRC076: 5m at 2.22% Li₂O from 47m (highest grade of 3.01% Li₂O from 51m)
- PDRC085: 6m at 3.66% Li₂O from 47m (highest grade of 4.42% Li₂O from 51m)
Predominantly Lithium-bearing Sheet Silicates (lithium-muscovite and lepidolite)
- PDRCD069: 13m at 1.57% Li₂O from 45.25m
- PDRC070: 12m at 2.2% Li₂O from 44m
- PDRCD071: 12.95m at 1.81% Li₂O from 43.4m
- PDRCD072: 8.65m at 3.01% Li₂O from 40m
- PDRC073: 13m at 2.13% Li₂O from 39m
- PDRCD075: 13m at 1.49% Li₂O from 46m
- PDRC077: 13m at 1.89% Li₂O from 52m
- PDRC079: 14m at 2.32% Li₂O from 46m
- PDRC082: 11m at 1.86% Li₂O from 53m